I was standing in line to vote today and overheard a group of people talking. One particular piece of the conversation really struck me.
Here was the dialogue.
One gentleman said to the other, ” If we can just get President SoandSo in office then our lives will change”! The other gentleman responded, ” Yes I agree, President SoandSo can really help our country and our kids to have a better life”! Then the other gentlemen said, ” Well, all we can do is just go vote and then sit around and hope for the best!”
As, I am standing there I could see and hear the excitement in their voices. It was like their whole world would revolve around whether or not their candidate would be the next POTUS. I refrained myself but I really wanted to say, “Gentlemen, did you know that no matter who becomes POTUS, if you do not change what you are doing on a daily basis, the next President isn’t going to be able to help you. The POTUS doesn’t have as much influence to change our lives or our kids lives as much as we do. If we want our lives to change, then we have to change. You are the one that can help your kids more than anyone. Influencing our children begins at home. The POTUS is the last person I will wait on to help myself or my children become something great.
…..Oh, and after you vote sir, if all you are gonna do is go sit around and wait for something good to happen, then I can bet that you will be sitting a while.
Now after saying all of that, I would like to give 10 thoughts on how we Can make America Great Again, irregardless of who becomes POTUS. It is not rocket science, it’s actually very simple. These are not my original thoughts , they are biblical principles that I was taught and that I am teaching my children. Please feel free to apply these to your everyday life if you want to see America become great.
- Use your gifts and talents –1 Peter 4:10,Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms.
- Love your neighbors –Mark 12;31, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.”
- Eat dinner as a family –Hebrews 10:25,Not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near
- Be the change you want to see-1 Peter 2:9, “But you are the ones chosen by God, chosen for the high calling of priestly work, chosen to be a holy people, God’s instruments to do his work and speak out for him, to tell others of the night-and-day difference he made for you—from nothing to something, from rejected to accepted.”
- Pray daily– 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18, Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
- Give to the needy– 1 John 3:17, But if anyone has the world’s goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God’s love abide in him?
- Take care of yourself–1 Corinthians 6:19, Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.
- Improve yourself in some way daily– 1 Corinthians 13:11, When I was a child, I used to speak like a child, think like a child, reason like a child; when I became a man, I did away with childish things.
- Look for the good in people– Phillipians 2:3-4, Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind regard one another as more important than yourselves;4do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others.
- Smile and wave –Proverbs 15:30, Light in a messenger’s eyes brings joy to the heart,
and good news gives health to the bones.
Have a great day and God Bless.