As a young Christian I used to wrestle a lot with God and the scriptures, mainly because I wanted quick answers. In other words, I would read a chapter of a book in the Bible real quick and then take what I could from it and go about my day. Many times when I finished my reading, I would not have the proper context or complete understanding of what I just read. I believe this is why I used to wrestle with God about His own book and I struggled for so long to to understand God’s will for my life.
I would often doubt if I was walking in God’s will for my life.
As I am maturing in my relationship with Christ, I am coming closer to believing and understanding more everyday, that I may not be exactly where God had intended on me to be at this point in my life but it doesn’t mean that He can’t still use me exactly where I am at, TODAY!
I may have lost some years of ministry because I wanted to do what I wanted to do and not what God intended for me, but that doesn’t mean that God won’t use the years that I have left to make a difference.
I know that there are many other Christians who often wonder if they are in God’s will. We want to know if we are where God wants us to be at the moment. We may also wonder at times if we missed our opportunity to be used by God. We may even wonder if God is frustrated with us because we don’t do the things that we know that he wants us to do.
Let me encourage you in the same way that I have been encouraged, in saying “God can and will use you exactly where you are at”. No matter how many times you have failed him. He forgives you and still has things for you to do. If you are breathing, then you still can be used by God to make a difference on this earth.
God’s will for your life only matters each day as we live. If God has given you another day, then live it completely for Him, and I believe that you will find yourself in God’s will for your life.
Here area few scriptures that has helped me gain understanding in what God’s Will is for my life. I hope that they will do the same for you!
- Proverbs 3:5-7 Trust God from the bottom of your heart, don’t try to figure out everything on your own. Listen for God’s voice in everything you do, everywhere you go;he’s the one who will keep you on track. Don’t assume that you know it all. Run to God! Run from evil!
- . Psalms 37:4, “Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart”
- Jeremiah 29:11, For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
- Luke 9:23, Then he said to them all: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me.
- 1 Peter 2:15, For it is God’s will that by doing good you should silence the ignorant talk of foolish people.
- Ephesian 5:15-16, Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil.
- Hebrews 10:36, You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised.
- Psalms 119:105, Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path.
- Romans 12:2 “Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.”
God Bless and Have a great Day!